We’re super excited at Toppsta Towers to be launching a Video Review Panel! We already have a wealth of incredible reviewers on our site who have written over 55,000 children’s book reviews and we’re now looking to find some loyal Video Reviewers too.
Read on if you’d like to find out how your child/children could become part of the Toppsta Video Review Panel Team!
If your child loves reading, reviewing and recommending children’s books, plus is happy to talk about children’s books on camera then we want to hear from you. As part of our Video Review Panel Team they’ll be one of the first to hear about the latest children’s books and will also receive free copies of the books they’re invited to review.
For your child to be considered for our panel, all you need to do is send a sample video review to [email protected].
To help your child create their video, check out our top tips for filming a review:
- Film your child’s review in landscape – the reviewer should be in the centre of the screen and the camera should be held as still as possible
- Make sure the background isn’t too bright
- Ensure there is no background noise (e.g. dogs barking, the hoover on, child crying)
- Film the review in a space your child feels comfortable in – e.g. an area they usually read in but be aware of what’s in the background (you don’t want any bills or address information showing!)
- Hold the book up and show the front cover when doing your video review
- Ask your child to state their first name and age. Children should not give their full name or any location details. Share the title of the book and the name of the author (and if applicable) any illustrators.
The ideal length of the review is 30 – 60 seconds. Please send the video review as a .mov or MP4 file (the standard format for most phones).
You can also find more helpful guidelines here.
Sending us your child’s video review means you agree to these Terms and Conditions. Please note that if you do not want your child’s video to be made available to the public, please do not send it to us.