Video Terms and Conditions
We are Magnocarta Limited, trading as Toppsta.
If you are invited to join our Video Review panel, we would love you to send to us video recordings featuring your children reviewing books so that we can share these via Toppsta and with the publishers of the books to help other children and parents decide what books to read. If you are happy to contribute to Toppsta in this way and you agree to these terms, please do video your children reviewing a book and send it to us by emailing it to [email protected] If you do not want your video to be made available to the public, please do not send it to us. Please do not send videos unless invited to do so. Only videos from our Video Review Panel will be accepted. You are however, very welcome to post reviews on Youtube and inform us of these videos. We may be able to share them in some other way.
Before making your video, please read our video guidelines here.
By sending us a video, you confirm that you are a parent or guardian with appropriate authority to send us the video and to agree to these terms and conditions. Sending us your video also means you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You grant to Toppsta, a perpetual, exclusive licence in all intellectual property rights in the video you send to us for us to use anywhere in the world for the purpose only of promoting books and reading by making the video content available as follows:
- on Toppsta’s YouTube channel, website, newsletter and social media channels; and/or
- to relevant book publishers or book authors to use on their own Youtube channel, website, newsletter and social media channels. If we decide we would like to share your video review with book publishers or authors, we will email you the specific details of this.
- If we decide we would like to use the video you send to us in any other way, we will seek your specific permission first.
- You do not object to Toppsta:
- storing the video content for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose above or to us storing your contact details in case we need to contact you; or
- sharing the video content as set out above.
- We may decide not to use your video in this way and this will be at our sole discretion. If we decide not to use your video, we will delete it so that we store it on our systems for no longer than is necessary.
- If you change your mind and wish us to remove your video content from being publicly available, please email us here [email protected] and we will remove the video as soon as we can. This will not affect the lawfulness of any sharing of the video that we carried out before you inform us of this change of mind.