In these two animal stories from the Caribbean, find out in the first why Tiger wanted to get rid of all the other animals and keep the jungle for himself and what clever Anansi did about it, and in the second how shy Owl nearly lost everything because he didn't have the courage to show his face.
* Topaz/Band 13 books offer longer and more demanding reads for children to investigate and evaluate.
* Text type: Two stories from another culture.
* The feelings roller coaster for Owl on pages 30-31 help children to discuss the different emotions addressed in the story.
* Curriculum links: Geography: Passport to the world; Citizenship: Living in a diverse world; ICT: Combining text and graphics.
* This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
This is Book 626 in the Collins Big Cat Series. See all Collins Big Cat books here.
See More Educational: study & revision guides