From TVs and fridges to phones and music players, the design of many things we use every day has changed over time. Find out how in this book.
* White/Band 10 books have more complex sentences and figurative language.
* Text type - An information book.
* Curriculum links - Design and Technology: 'Through the evaluation of past and present design and technology, pupils develop a critical understanding of its impact on daily life and the wider world'.
* A timeline on pages 22-23 allows children to see the evolution of design in one neat summary.
* This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
This is Book 555 in the Collins Big Cat Series. See all Collins Big Cat books here.
Catherine Veitch trained as an infant primary teacher before working as an editor and writer for twenty years in children's magazines and books. Today, when she's not walking her Sheltie dog, Arthur, Catherine enjoys writing and creating content for children's story, puzzle, activity and early learning books.
Fermin Solis...More about Catherine Veitch