You've probably heard of a few pirates.
* Horrible Henry Morgan and his flaming fire ships
* Awful Anne Bonny and her flaming temper
* Barmy Blackbeard and his - er - flaming black beard.
But have you heard that:
* Henry Morgan ate his own shoes?
* Anne Bonny scared strong men shirtless?
* Blackbeard guzzled his rum with a dash of dynamite?
Now you can get the inside story from pirates' long-lost
log-books, read the terrible truth about real pirate life and find
out all about the biggest, baddest buccaneers who ever sailed the
Horribly Funny ~ Horribly Gripping ~ Horribly Famous
This is Book 5 in the Horribly Famous Series. See all Horribly Famous books here.
See More History & the past: general interest
Michael Cox is the master of wit and wordplay, and spends a lot of time in schools making children laugh. He has written widely for Scholastic's non-fiction list, including titles for the Dead Famous, Knowledge, Pickle Hill Primary and My Story series and his own Action-Seeker Handbooks. Hodder recently published his Vampire Vigilantes fiction trilogy.More about Michael Cox