Ponds are full of all kinds of plants and animals. Take a look inside one pond and discover the food chain that exists within, in this wonderfully illustrated non-fiction book by John Townsend.
* Red B/Band 2B books offer simple but varied text with familiar objects and actions, combined with simple story development and a satisfying conclusion.
* Text type: A simple non-fiction book.
* Children can recount the food chain of the pond on pages 14-15.
* Curriculum links: Science: Plants and animals.
* This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
This is Book 44 in the Collins Big Cat Phonics Series. See all Collins Big Cat Phonics books here.
Born on the stroke of midnight in a little house in the ancient Roman town of Caesaromagus (Chelmsford), John grew up with a love of stories, the power of words and the magic of plays on the stage. John trained as a secondary school teacher and was first published in 1983. Oodles of years later, he became a full-time writer. He's well known for writing to en...More about John Townsend