Ant and Snail decide to have a race. Ant speeds off and is soon in the lead, but when Ant trips over and fall in a pit, he is glad when Snail arrives to help him. This story is illustrated in bright 3D colour by Jon Stuart.
* Red / Band 2A - A simple traditional story
* Text type - Fiction
* The focus phonemes for this book are ai, f, n, and r. Other phonemes practised are s, a, ta, i, p, c/k, e, o, d, g, u, h.
* Children can follow and discuss the route taken by Ant and Snail using the map on the final spread.
* Paul Shipton also wrote Yellow 3 Bart the Shark and The Sun and The Moon.
* This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
This is Book 70 in the Collins Big Cat Phonics Series. See all Collins Big Cat Phonics books here.
Paul Shipton is an award-winning children's author. He published his first children's book in 1991, (Zargon Zoo). He lives and works in Wisconsin, USA....More about Paul Shipton
Michaela Morgan has written many popular books for children. Her work includes junior fiction, picture books, poetry and non-fiction. Among her many achievements she is an award winning author, short-listed for the Blue Peter Book Award, the Children's Book Award, named an International Reading Association Children's Choice and won a United Kingdom Reading A...More about Jon Stuart