The Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks Levels 1-5 Handbook has been designed to help you get the most from this emotionally-engaging fiction series. It contains valuable advice and resources to develop children's comprehension skills alongside learning to decode, and enhances enjoyment of the 36 appealing stories at Oxford Levels 1 to 5.
The Handbook includes:
* 72 photocopiable activity sheets to develop comprehension skills (2 activity sheets per book)
* Advice on the importance of variety fiction and wordless books
* Advice on the importance of good quality comprehension
* Support for guided and independent reading
* A suggested teaching sequence
* Information for parents to help you achieve successful home-school links.
Find inspirational support for teachers' professional development, plus free teaching notes and eBooks at www.oxfordprimary.co.uk.
This is Book 48 in the Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks Series. See all Oxford Reading Tree Story Sparks books here.
Nikki Gamble is the Founder and Director of Just Imagine and Associate Consultant at UCL's Institute of Education. She has worked extensively in schools across the UK and internationally, most recently managing a project for the London Schools Excellence Fund with a focus on developing excellence in teaching reading at KS2 and KS3. Nikki is author of ExploriMore about Pam Dowson
Nikki Gamble is Director of Just Imagine, an organisation which seeks to promote literacy using high-quality children's literature. Formerly a university lecturer and teacher, Nikki has worked in education for 40 years. She continues to work in schools on research and development projects. Nikki is co-author of the awards winning Guiding Readers: layers of mMore about Nikki Gamble