Math is the foundation of all sciences and key to understanding the world around us. Math Games Lab for Kids shares more than 50 hands-on activities that make learning about math fun by drawing and building shapes, solving puzzles, and playing games.
Everything you need to complete the activities can be found in the book or around the house.
- exploring geometry and topology by making prisms, antiprisms, Platonic solids, and Moebius strips.
- building logic skills by playing and strategizing through tangrams, toothpick puzzles, and the game of Nim.
- drawing and charting graphs to learn the language of connections .
- discovering how to color maps like a mathematician by using the fewest colors possible.
- creating mind bending fractals with straight lines and repeat shapes.
Learn to think like a mathematician-see how much you'll discover!
The popular Lab for Kids series
features a growing list of books that share hands-on activities and projects on a wide host of topics
, including art, astronomy, clay, geology, energy, and even how to create your own circus-all authored by established experts in their fields. Each lab contains a complete materials list
, clear step-by-step photographs
of the process, as well as finished samples
. The labs can be used as singular projects or as part of a yearlong curriculum of experiential learning. The activities are open-ended, designed to be explored over and over, often with different results. Geared toward being taught or guided by adults, they are enriching for a range of ages and skill levels. Gain firsthand knowledge on your favorite topic with Lab for Kids.
Math Games Lab for Kids: 24 Fun, Hands-On Activities for Learning with Shapes, Puzzles, and Games Reviews | Toppsta
- ISBN: 9781631592522
Date: 5th January 2017
- Publisher: Quarry Books
- Imprint: Quarry Books
- Number of Pages: 144