Sam the big, bad cat isn't feeling well. Tom wants to take him to the vet. Sam doesn't want to go, and finds a variety of hiding places to escape. Tom pursues him, getting more and more bedraggled in the process. Finally Tom goes to bed, leaving Sam - who is feeling much better - to enjoy a snack.
* Yellow level/ Band 3 books offer early readers varied sentence structure and natural language.
* Text type - A story with a familiar setting.
* A storyboard on pages 14 and 15 reveals all of Sam's hiding places in a pictorial summary of the day, providing the opportunity to recap the story.
* Curriculum links - Citizenship: animals and us.
* This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
This is Book 548 in the Collins Big Cat Series. See all Collins Big Cat books here.
Collins UK is a leading information-led publisher of illustrated and narrative nonfiction....More about Sheila Bird
Adrian Bradbury was born in Manchester and worked as a PE teacher before moving overseas to teach English in Europe, the Middle East and Far East. After returning to England he worked as Deputy Head in three schools and now divides his time between teaching and writing. As well as writing educational materials for HarperCollins and other publishers, he also...More about Trish Phillips