The Pet Detective faces a special challenge when Kara's pet tortoise, Rocket, goes missing. Has the tortoise been squashed on a motorway? Eaten by a hungry goat? Chewed up by a dog? The Pet Detective follows the clues to find out what's happened.
* Purple/ Band 8 books offer developing readers literary language, with some challenging vocabulary.
* Text type - A story by the same author.
* A final double page spread shows all the things a Pet Detective needs on a case to support recapping the story.
* Curriculum links - Science: Plants and animals in the local environment.
* Tortoise Trouble is one of two stories by Jana Hunter about the Pet Detective
* This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
* This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
This is Book 332 in the Collins Big Cat Series. See all Collins Big Cat books here.