Read the HILARIOUS books that inspired the HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON films! Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third is a smallish Viking with a longish name. Hiccup's father is chief of the Hairy Hooligan tribe which means Hiccup is the Hope and the Heir to the Hairy Hooligan throne - but most of the time Hiccup feels like a very ordinary boy, finding it hard to be a Hero.
When Hiccup's dragon Toothless is captured by Romans, only Hiccup and his friend Fishlegs can rescue him. But things get WORSE, when the Romans steal Hiccup's precious book HOW TO SPEAK DRAGONESE and Hiccup and Fishlegs are taken off to the Fortress of Sinister! Now they must save Toothless AND themselves - but how can they possibly escape?
READ ALL 12 BOOKS IN THE SERIES!
You don't have to read the books in order, but if you want to, this is the right order:
1. How to Train Your Dragon
2. How to Be a Pirate
3. How to Speak Dragonese
4. How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse
5. How to Twist a Dragon's Tale
6. A Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragons
7. How to Ride a Dragon's Storm
8. How to Break a Dragon's Heart
9. How to Steal a Dragon's Sword
10. How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel
11. How to Betray a Dragon's Hero
12. How to Fight a Dragon's Fury How to Train Your Dragon is now a major DreamWorks franchise starring Gerard Butler, Cate Blanchett and Jonah Hill and the TV series, Riders of Berk, can be seen on CBeebies and Cartoon Network.
See More Fantasy & magical realism
Cressida Cowell Biography
Cressida Cowell is a British author, best known for her How To Train Your Dragon book series which was also made into animated film by DreamWorks in 2010. The books have been published in over 30 languages and are a huge hit with young readers worldw...