Created in partnership with White Rose Maths, teacher guide 3 for KS3 Maths follows the White Rose schemes of learning for Year 9. Written by White Rose leaders and teachers, it helps to develop teachers' subject knowledge and confidence to be able to deliver high-quality maths lessons using the accompanying student book.
Winner of Teach Secondary 2021 Curriculum Impact Category
Finalist of Educational Resources Awards 2022 Secondary Non-ICT
The only official KS3 Maths White Rose teacher guide provides a UK-specific teaching approach, which has been taught and refined in the classroom. It outlines the rationale for the lessons and practice exercises in the matching student book with additional guidance on the models, representations and tasks. It helps secondary maths teachers to:
* Plan the curriculum with the White Rose secondary schemes of learning
* Highlight misconceptions and learning points to address
* Identify and suggest interleaving opportunities to reinforce and connect learning
* Introduce and successfully use the models and visual representations
* Understand the thinking behind the questions with a commentary on selected questions for each small step in the student book
* Differentiate for all students with extra guidance on the discussion, consolidation, stretch and reflection tasks
* Accompanied by high-quality professional development courses for teachers provided by White Rose Maths
This is Book 5 in the White Rose Maths Series. See all White Rose Maths books here.
See More Educational: Mathematics & numeracy
Ian Davies is Professor of Education at the University of York, UK and editor of the journal Citizenship Teaching and LearningMore about Ian Davies