Ladybird Reader s is an ELT graded reader series for children aged 3-11 learning English as a foreign or second language. The series includes traditional tales, popular characters, modern stories, and non-fiction.
* Beautifully illustrated books , carefully written by language learning experts
* Structured language progression to develop children's reading, writing, speaking, listening and critical thinking skills
* Eight levels follow the Common European Framework of Reference for language learning (CEFR)
* Language activities provide preparation for the Cambridge English Pre-A1 to A2 (YLE) tests
* A unique code in each printed book provides access to online audio, extra activities and learning resources
Are you Sad, Pablo? a Level 1 Reader, is Pre-A1 in the CEFR framework and includes practice for the Cambridge English Pre-A1 Starters tests. Short sentences contain a maximum of two clauses, using the present tense and some simple adjectives.
Pablo's face is sad, but he is not sad. Pablo wants to play with Lorna, but how can he tell Mum?
Visit the Ladybird Education website for more information.
This is Book 40 in the Ladybird Readers Series. See all Ladybird Readers books here.
Here Design is a group of designers, writers and producers. The author of The Geometry of Pasta and Herbarium, Caz Hildebrand co-founded the influential studio Here Design in 2005, designing everything from brands to bars to bakeries, from books to bottles to boxes. And a lot more besides.More about Ladybird
Pablo is the first animated TV series to star an autistic character and the first TV programme with an all-autistic core cast. It is shown on CBBC, RTE and Netflix.More about Pablo