Exam board: OCR
Subject: Media Studies
First teaching: September 2017
First exams: Summer 2019
Target success in OCR GCSE (9-1) Media Studies with this proven formula for effective, structured revision. Clear guidance is combined with exam-style questions and practical tips to create a revision guide that students can rely on to review, strengthen and test their knowledge and skills.
With My Revision Notes every student can:
- Plan and manage a successful revision programme using the topic-by-topic planner
- Practise the enquiry, critical thinking and analytical skills they need, with 'Test yourself' questions and answers for Papers 1 and 2
- Understand what the examiner is looking for by comparing answers to sample student responses with commentary from experienced Media Studies teachers
- Improve exam technique through expert tips, exam preparation advice and examples of typical mistakes to avoid
- Revise, remember and accurately use key terms with definitions alongside the text for quick and easy reference
- Feel confident undertaking the non-exam assessment (NEA), using a checklist for the 'Creating media' production task
See More Educational: study & revision guides
EILEEN LEWIS is Chief Examiner for GCSE Media Studies for one of the English awarding bodies and Head of Media and Film Studies at Maidstone Grammar School. She is a BFI Associate Tutor and a freelance writer of several textbooks and resources for Media Studies, including Teaching TV News.