The Grammar 5 Handbook follows on from The Grammar 4 Handbook. It provides a full year's worth lessons for teaching grammar, spelling and punctuation to children aged 9+. It provides: * Practical advice and ideas for teaching * Step-by-step lesson plans and notes for the teacher *Continues to introduce new grammar elements * 36 structured grammar and punctuation lessons * 36 spelling lessons * Revision and extension of The Grammar 4 Handbook * Photocopiable activities * Fun actions for the grammar points Topics covered include: * Sentence Walls ?
* Simple and continuous tenses ?
* Contractions and the verb 'to have' ?
* Adverb placement in sentences ? ?
* Proofreading ??
* Prepositional phrases ??
* Compound subjects and objects ?
* Transitive and Intransitive verbs ?
* The order of adjectives?
* Adverbs of manner, degree & place, time & frequency
* Irregular plurals?
* Antonyms and synonyms
This is Book 5 in the Grammar Handbook Series. See all Grammar Handbook books here.