This beautiful book is the latest addition to the National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book series. These colourful pages will introduce young children to the wonders of space, with colourful illustrations by David Aguilar and simple text that is perfect for beginning readers or for reading aloud.
The book will explain basic concepts of space, beginning with what is most familiar to kids and expanding out into the universe.
* Chapter 1 focuses on the Earth, moon, and sun.
* Chapter 2 introduces kids to the other planets in our solar system.
* Chapter 3 explains other objects in our solar system, such as dwarf planets, comets, and asteroid belts.
* Chapter 4 voyages even farther afield, touching on concepts such as the universe, the Milky Way, stars, galaxies, and black holes.
* The last chapter delves into space exploration: humans on the moon, spaceships, the International Space Station, etc.
This is Book 7 in the First Big Book Series. See all First Big Book books here.
The National Geographic Kid is curious about the world around them, empowered in the face of challenges and responsible for others and the natural world. Combining these principles with the international educational heritage of Collins, this partnership is a natural fit for books that are funny, weird, exploratory, educational and loved by children.More about Catherine D. Hughes